Combines feeder house trouble

farny

We had a 6620 with 216 head last year in beans and wheat. Make sure that the auger on the platform is adjusted right, the distance between the auger and the piece of what looks like angle iron in back should be no more than 1", preferrably less than that. Also check to make sure all your fingers in the auger are working right and are still full length. It sounds more like the head isn't getting the beans to the feeder house. Another thing, has the combine been sitting out for a whileIJ Is there a possibility that the inside of the feederhouse may have a little rust on itIJ If so, a little WD40 coated on and some more harvesting will get it cleaned up pretty good. Hope this helps. Farny

Grain_Reaper

I had the same trouble with our 7720 the first year we had it in wheat. We were using a 222 rigid head. It always seemed like the wheat would just stand there in front of the auger, then all of a sudden it would go through, usually plugging the cylinder. We tried everything from adjusting the drum height to adjusting curtains behind the beater. As it turned out the trouble was our auger on the header was adjusted too high, maybe 1 1_2 inches of flighting clearance. We set it so there is about 3_8 inch clearance and it has never given us trouble since. Also make sure the stripper rail behind the auger is free of dirt build-up as this will usually cause poor feeding. I hope I have helped some.