Combines 893 Cornheads

combineman

Our neighbor has a 9510 with a 1083CIH head on it but dont know for sure where he got it but I'll ask him.A 1083 is a lot better head anyway.They have long life and do an excellent job.No problems with tillage in the spring.

KINGPIN

We have one of these headers and it does an excellent job on chopping up the corn stalks. It is compatible with any combine.

Doug_D

Thanks Combineman. Was wonder really about the modifications needed to put the CIH head on the 9610. IH feederhouse is so much more narrow, and of course the drive shafts would need to be manuevered. We had an ex CIH salesman who told us that it couldn't work. He didn't give an explanation as to why though, but you would have thought he would want to sell a head. Surely with all of the variable speed setups on the thing you could configure something to work. I know the IH head does a better job, but thought someone out there might be in the business of modifying the head to fit the combine, or could give the specifics on where to start the process.Please let me know if you can find anything out about his setup. Thanks a lot!

Doug_D

Thank you all so very much. This is a great start. If all goes as I think, we will probably try the IH head on the 9610. Hopefully we can find a very late model incase we are not happy with it we can try to get rid of it with nominall "learning expense".

beet

it is your money but i can not see changing heads is going to get you any advantage. you have a head that should work . maybe you just need a dealer that can help you set it up to work to your satifaction.we have a few in our area and they seem to work well ,but they say it takes alot of hores power to run them.it is ashame not to get the head to work the way you want it to when you have spent alot of money on it .maybe john dear should get involed if they care about their repurtation {fat chance on that}good luck with my $

dum

AROUND HERE IN PENNSYlVANIA GUYS PUT DEERE ON RED COMBINES. lAST YEAR I PUT A 893 0N A 2388. THE DEERE DOESN,T DO AS NICE A JOB ON STAlKS EVEN WITH STAlK KNIVES, BUT THE DEERE HEAD IS BY FAR A BETTER BUIlT HEAD WITH MORE OPTIONS AVAIlABlE INClUDING HYD. DECK PlATES.

seedman

We ran into the same problem this past year with a 693 with knife rolls. This was the third year we used it, and by far this was the worst job on