Combines I need your opinion on JD 60 70 series 4WD

tv140

Don't do it man, the D-6 is 10 times the tractor of the deere, NO lIE!!!

raneverybrand

The 60 or 70 series trators are a really good tractor.The best trans is the 24 speed,24 mph top speed and have alot of gear selection.If I were going to buy one it would be the 8970 or 8960.The smaller one's have the same motor as the 30 series tractors.Just bored out.The 89's have cummins.We run a 9400 and it has the same 24 speed trans as the 60_70 series do.

Joe

The 70 series have the electronic govoner on the injection. With the 8970 there is a lot less smoke than the 8960. Seen very few engine problems with the JD motors, 8760 up to 8870. Be sure to get the right tires and weight package for what you want to pull. Too many machines of all colors are sold with not enough weight for the HP, makes them cheaper to buy. Should have about 105 lb. per HP. to get the most out of a machine. Heard many bad stories about buing a big tractor that doesn't pull. P.S. Get the most speeds of transmtion you can afford.

Dakota

I ran a 8770 on a disk for several days. Pretty nice tractor for the most. But I would rather have a power shift and for that reason look at a Steiger. Watch for the tires you're getting on. Some result in power hopping. You can only detect this throughout a field test.

skinnyfarmer

We have two 92 8960's and we have been pretty happy with them. We pull 40 foot chisels and 54 foot cultivators. We have never had problems with low power. We have about 6000 hours on them and we are having them overhauled for the first time this winter. Ours have the 24 speed transmission and I would personally recommend them. Overall we have had few problems and have really enjoyed them, especially after having three Versatile 895's.