Combines Air Reels

jeff

There website is on the attachments section. lots of pictures and information.

Unit_2

Duane, Can you use the Crary air fingers with your existing realIJ

Duane

No, the air tube is the rotation point that the Crary fingers rotate around. You need to get a whole new setup. There are some dealers who will take a used finger reel in on trade for the Crary system. I have an older 224 header but have the new style fingers - better design thatn the old pipe system. I wish Deere had that design on the 936D header with fingers - I will probably be doing some remanufacturing on that unit when the pipes start to wear.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

After running both a Crary Air Reel and an AWS system for 2001 harvest season I wouldn't run any other system but an AWS. A drive belt is alot cheaper than a a gear box to replace and you have a choice of running your blower off of the combine directly or off the header jack shaft if you have a John Deere or Case IH combine.

unclebuck

Thanks to everybody for the help. I was just wondering if any of you shelled cornIJ if so do you have the fan that is mounted on the combineIJ and what do you do at the end of the tube anything or just let it run openIJ I see the tube has outlets over the feederhouse, does this really keep leaves and fodder from building up on the feederhouseIJ Again I really appreciate the help, it looks like a good tool to have.

AJTIII

Unclebuck, Are you talking about the fan that fits on the top of the feeder houseIJ I put a Johnson Dust Diverter on my 8820 this past season and absolutely love it! I could see much better in beans and it seemed to keep the dust down on corn as well. I still had to clean tassels and leaves off the feederhouse when I took the header off to move but there didn't seem to be the buildup I had the year before. The tube just blew the trash down the right side of the throat and didn't seem to affect radiator or put any more dust or trash on that side of the combine. I think it was money well spent.

unclebuck

AJTIII, I was refering to the AWS windreel, apparently there are two different models offered one with the fan mounted on the combine and one that mounts on the header. I too have a johnson dust diverter on my 9600 but have had less than satisfactory results with it. I don't feel like it was worth the money spent, however I purchased it about the second year they manufactured them. maybe they have made some improvements with the system I don't know, but If I were to do it again I would probably look at another brand or do nothing at all. Don't get me wrong it does some good, but the header creates alot of dust and all the vacuum in the world won't get the dust removed. I have probably a few thousand hours of use on it (used it on at least two different combines). i just don't see enough results to justify the purchase price. If your happy with it then I'm happy for you. I wished I felt the same way about mine. Thanks for the reply.

unclebuck

AJTIII, I was refering to the AWS windreel, apparently there are two different models offered one with the fan mounted on the combine and one that mounts on the header. I too have a johnson dust diverter on my 9600 but have had less than satisfactory results with it. I don't feel like it was worth the money spent, however I purchased it about the second year they manufactured them. maybe they have made some improvements with the system I don't know, but If I were to do it again I would probably look at another brand or do nothing at all. Don't get me wrong it does some good, but the header creates alot of dust and all the vacuum in the world won't get the dust removed. I have probably a few thousand hours of use on it (used it on at least two different combines). i just don't see enough results to justify the purchase price. If your happy with it then I'm happy for you. I wished I felt the same way about mine. Thanks for the reply.

mit9750

hav'ent ran a aws, but have ran a crarry air. really like the crarry. good when the crop is short and hard to feed. not much point when its tall and good going. my 2 cents. mit9750

brodale

We have a Keho. An air reel is sort of like air conditioning in your pick-up. Hard to justify sometimes but once you've got it you wouldn't be without it.