Combines 9860 sts capacity to 8010

2rotorsrule

Why not check out the 9070 New Holland. Same cleaning system only the twin rotors and grain pan combo will stratify and level everything by the time it gets to the sieves. Very good machine. Bought a new one this year, couldn't be happier.

beans

JD and Case are really the 2 brands that are common in this area, although case dealer is a new holland dealer also.

Salesman

I would suggest getting a demo of both machines. I think you'll get a better feel for them if you run them side by side. That being said, the 7010's and 8010's with the new small tube rotor, are amazing. We've been demoing a 7010 in our area with great success. Everyone that has ran the machine has been very impressed, even the loyal Deere guys. The biggest advantage I see for the Case-IH is the CVT rotor that is reversable (unchoke in about 10 minutes),deere is not (abut 8hrs in rice),25% more cleaning area, and 50 bu more in the grain tank. Just to name a few. I'm naturally a fan of the red ones, but run them side by side and that should help make up your mind. Good luck.

MostlyGreen

I'm with Salesman; - try them out first if you're able. I find the Deere takes less power to run and feeds perfectly, comparable to the CaseIH. I think the lobe-type seperation grates have a lot to do with this, being the MOG has less tendancy to "rope". However, the CVT on the red one's is appealing, though I have yet to EVER plug my 9660 in 3 years!

Harvester

Too bad you only have those two options you are considering. The best machine for capacity and a wide variety of crops is the lexion, but I understand regional dealer coverage, etc. as reasons why you are only looking at these two colors. Although you're missing out on the most impressive machine. That said, the 8010 would be my preference for those crops. The 9860 is a very much overrated and small class 8 combine, and while the 8010 still has teething problems, it has more capability.

alan300

I have a 9860 and an 8010 case has some better features, cab, 4 speed tranny, more cleaning [not an issue in our 100 -150 bushel corn], maybe less cracking, 9860 has faster unload, bullet rotor is better in heavy trash. It stays in the field.

cq_stripper

Try again. Buy the 8010. Bigger, quiter, better cab. Concaves lighter and heaps easier to change. AFS easier and better than JD Office. Hardly any Belts. Better lights. Case combines have brakes that work (not that you use them much). 2 piece tyne reel which doesn't flex like JD single so tynes in centre don't get chopped off all the time. Don't need a straw chopper but even if you do it will last longer than 700 rotor hours. 9860 has no more capacity than 9660, power isn't what slows you down its grain loss, mainly rotor.

Caseihmike

let's talk about staying in the field . I work at a Case IH dealer that sells 6 new 8010's to one customer that take off 30000 acres plus . Each machine comes in with about 300 rotor hours on it. If wheat barley or oats are testing 20% moisture he is combining sometimes in late season even higher moisture . We travel about 60 miles on service calls to his place and the longest wait he had was 2 1_2 hours ( not including travel time ) to repair one of his units.Even with these conditions he is averaging 16.67 acres per rotor hour in the field . In my humble opinion 6 combines putting a total of 1800 rotor hours combined is definitely a good Case of (STAYING IN THE FIElD)

hank

well- I know a guy who traded his 8010 for a 9680sts cause his 8010 was broke down 25% of the time the past 2 yrs- he got done with harvest earlier then he ever has this yr

Caseihmike

Once again one machine not 6.. We service 57 8010's out of our locations and have taken 2 9860's in trade already . This is not a color war . If a dealership has only sold one or two machines they may have had troubles simply through lack of experience with the machine. Also we don't do any rice so was it a rice machineIJ Also How many hours was he putting on IJ