Combines 9500 cb

beet

don't talk on the radio untill you get to the end of the field.just joking. on our old 9500 we hooked the 2 way into the acces.power wire to the right of the cab just behind the seat it shows it in the operateres manual.we were told if you hook it up the wrong way it will do funny things to the radio but i never herd about problems with the combine.we started to have problems with tue radio last year in the combine but if we moved the radio to a different machine it worked .never did find the problem so we got rid of the combine ,put the radio in a 9510 worked grait .talk about a easy fix.

Max

I used the exta wires first Didn't work so went straight to battery.Don't think I'll sell combine yet

farny

you are probably backfeeding through the ground to the header switch. the switch doesn't care where it sees voltage, as long as it sees it, so it is probably getting some backfeed from your CB. where are you grounding the CBIJ does the CB work when you key the micIJ try wiring a lighter plug to the end of your CB wires and plugging into the lighter, this isn't recommended for a long time, but if the problem persists, then it is probably in your header switch or your grounding for the electrical system.

YSO

I solved that problem on a early 9000 series combines by replacing the armrest electronic board. What happen is that cb signal interfer with the time delay module that normaly shut off the header when you leave the seat. At that time, the combine was new and it was covered by Deere warranty.