Combines 9620

nascarfarmer

I have seen pics, 500 hp, but i dont know what engine is in it for sure, i hope the same cummins that is in the big forage chopper, but knowing deere its prolly the 12.5l.

R72

what is wrong with the 12.5l. See john deere is bringing out ATV's, I saw them on us farmreport.

Rockpicker

Nothing. I own a first year production 9400 and I like the 12.5 engine. I just question how long it would last at 500 hp. I heard JD was coming out with the 9620 in January. Only time will tell how the 12.5 stands up. Maybe there won't be any problems at all. I guess I should have said that hopefully the 9620 will either have a Cat or JD engine. I am not a Cummins fan.

nascarfarmer

12.5 is just to small to compete with a C16 in the MT cat, and the 15.0 QSX cummins in the STX. There is no substitute for cubic inches.

justapurrin

don't know how realible this info is but a cousin of mine that works at deere told me they have a detroit engine in them! wouldn't that be interesting!!! lol lol

buckshot

Deere and Cat hate each other with a capital "H." I really doubt they would source a CAT engine on principle. I would guess the engine will be the Cummins QSX15 since Deere (with the exception of the ill-fated 8850 Springfield V8) has always gone to Cummins when they needed a bigger block (i.e. 6810, 6910, 6950 choppers, 8960, 8970 4wd). I wish they would come up with their own big block but I doubt they can justify the development cost.