Combines 9650 CTS

Bub

I havent heard andything this year about a cts and i didnt know it was on a bigger chasis if it is on a 9600 chasis it would make a great combine for us in the small grain lands has anyone tried one in corn and why dont they work very well there

Rod

'50 Series CTS are not in a '9600' frame and yes they will perform very well in corn when set-up properly.

thresherman

9650CTS is basically a Cts with sme cosmetics as thr new walker machines. I believe it uses a bigger clean grain elevater also. The CTS is probably the best combine Deere ever built. I haven't run the STS but I doubt It's as versatile a mchine as the CTS. The N. American version is underpowered but this can be easily fixed. The supeior grain quality and capacity in all conditions makes it the choice over walker or rotory machines

Bub

so how do we go about getting the power we need out of the 9650 cts is it with the chip and what does it take to set up a cts for corn from wheat and do you run out of power or what is the limitting factor on the cts

thresherman

Kuchar can help with the power. Setting up for corn involves vane housing spacers, a special slow speed rotor drive sheave, and slowing down the chopper. Not very convenient. The capacity in corn on the older CTS's was limited by the clean grain elevator. The newer machines have bigger elevators.