Combines 9860 harvest speed

Unit_2

I have been running a neighbor's 9860 with 35' flex header. I have owned four 2388s and two 1688s. The 9860 has more capacity than those machines but you will be hard pressed to cut as much as two of them with the one 9860. I have been cutting a lot of irrigated green stem beans and it seems like the limiting factor on that 9860 is the header auger and feeder. I had a lot of trouble slipping the auger slip clutch. The dealer came out and put a new clutch on and now I have trouble slipping the feeder clutch. The rotor seems to have a lot of capacity if I could just get it to the rotor. Another thing don't expect to put as nice a sample in the bin with the 9860 as you can with the 2388. In heavy irrigated beans it does a pretty nice job but in thin dry land beans, 15 to 30 bpa, you just can't get enough material in the rotor to make it do a good job of threshing even driving 6 to 7 mph.

Beans

Sounds like a draper would help out on the feeding. With the cost of combines, new or used, it's hard owning two of them.

CORNKING

Do not be scared of the older 8010s as long as they have all the updates I run a 04 and a 06 no problems 36 ft drapers 50-60 bushel beans as long as standing good 6mph plus. If you go with older 9860s make sure they have all the updates as well.