Combines Adjusting 1680 hydraulic pressureIJ

Old_Pokey

Need to know more info. What year is the machine and how many lift cylindersIJ Is it only with the header, or is there other difficulties with hydraulics else where on the machineIJ

dannyboy

No obvious problem with other hydraulics. Machine is a early 90's model. Bean header has similar problem but not as severe as heavier corn head. I've run it two years with the lift hydraulics weak and it hasn't gotten worse though it is slow lifting the bean header and won't hardly raise the corn head after the oil is hot. This does have the larger oil cooler and the hydro system works satisfactory so don't think it's a cooling problem. Never needed extra ram on other machines I've operated so have no reason to think I need one here.

Old_Pokey

Well, then it sounds as though it very could be in the lift valve. If the header does not settle fast, then it probably is'nt in the cylinders. And if there is no problem else where, then it should'nt be the pump or regulator. Naturally when the oil gets warmer it will loose some pressure. I wish farm kid 2 would show up, he has probably been through this before.

Farm_Kid2

I think our 1680 has two rams on one side and one on the other. That may have been an option or maybe standard, I'm not sure. You need to make sure you have 3 rams. We have to idle the machine nearly all the way up to pick up the heads, but it will handle an 8 row head. We've not ever had the oil pressure drop down like that, so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

Unit_2

Dan, There is an in line filter called a Header lift Supply System Filter located on a hose just before it goes into the valve stack behind the access door on the left side of the cab. The part n is 1272346C1. I would try changing that. Now my parts CD has a serial number break before and after serial n 47918 but it calls for the same part number so I'm not sure what the deal is but your parts person sould be able to figure it out. Good luck!

ds1

We run a 1230 deere head on our 1680 and tested the pressure at 1800psi but still wouldn't lift it, so we added a fourth cylinder after dealer said that was high enough pressure. But we've always had to rev it up pretty high to get auger to swing and raise heads.

STATIC_84

Most combines do have a relief valve (if equiped). s_n= 47918-117060 the p_n=1986694c1. s_n=117060 and after p_n=1542686c1. The ones I remeber have the relief capsule on top of the valve body, this style is adjustable. It is located forward of the hyd. pump on the pressure line.

Mav

dannyboy, I dont know if I can help much (I am new to the Axial Flow combine),but maybe you could change the headers hydraulic circuit to a different valve on the valve stack. In other words, swap hoses (lines or whatever) that would make the header lift with another button (reel height for example). Maybe that could help diagnose the problem. I would think a bad relief valve would cause problems in other areas of operation. Again, I dont know if this is possible, but it could be something to try.