Combines Agco HHP

posum

Tbran; I am looking at a Massey 7495 loaded with suspension, cvt everything. seems pricey but nice. never owned anything but orange. old dealer is gone. this one is from oliver- massey heritage. has a good reputation. says he will sell either color but red is the better choice due to resale,says agco's future is redIJ any thoughts on thisIJ thoughts on product reliabilty,service issues etc. any info appreciated. thanks

Illinois_Gleaner

I would tell him to stick that red tractor up his you know what. If that is the attitude of these dealers they will take Orange tractors away.Why would you not want an Orange tractorIJ Just wandering,do you believe him,when he tells you about resaleIJ IG

Hyper_Harvest_II

I am right there with you IG. I filled out the online survey that I believe Tbran linked us to. I made sure that they knew my opinion on trying to eliminate the orange and silver from the line up. It is like any other major color company out there trying to change the color scheme. Can you imagine what a green customer would say if Deere told them that were going to start painting tractors and combines red. You know for sure that wouldn't go over well. I hope everybody voices their opinion on this. I have nothing against a Massey tractor but if I prefer to buy an AGCO-Allis I would hope it would be orange. My opinion for what it's worth, Hyper Harvest II

posum

don't know what to belive anymore. dealer says it's the same tractor just diffrent paint. he likes massey because thats what he sells. as far as resale -in my area he is probably right. As for the company; most of my parts come in a massey box with a massey part n. Not many A-C dealers here survived the 80's My county had 5 main line dealers in the late 70's,early 80's now has one ---deere.

orange

I couldn't agree more with IG and HH II. As far as the future of AGCO being red, it most certainly will be red if the orange and silver is eliminated. Red ink in the form of AGCO being bankrupt in the US market. Resale of orange AGCO will be better than MF in 90% of US. I am not suggesting MF is bad as they are identical tractors, but do not enjoy a good reputation above 100HP because of past history. Any good used Allis Chalmers, AGCO Allis or AGCO tractors don't spend much time on the used lot around here. If you want a red tractor, buy a Case, that is the red tractor of the US.

ksdave

To answer your question: The MF7400 and RTa series have been some of AGCO's best. Very few issues with these.

tbran

The surveys were put out by folks who think like us, to prevent a board of directors making decisions objectivly rather than subjectivly. When the question is ask "why so many product linesIJ" it is very gratifying to have a survey handout ready to back up the decisions to keep making the products customer are loyal to. When a board member is told to stick a certain paint color in a private place well......

posum

Thanks,I did not mean to incite a debate on agco's future. I do prefer orange but to stay within driving distance and still buy agco it will have to be red. thanks to all.

hv_user

I don't think they are going to stop painting tractors orange and don't think they should.As a Massey guy I do wonder how long it will take for some people to let go.Some say I will never have a Massey because of what they did back in the late 70's and 80's.I know what went on I was there but 30 years later.Maybe some guys don't like Massey today because THINK they threaten the orange tractorsIJ