Combines Alert CR Turning Brakes Fire

AGCOfan

I'll remember about the brakes starting on fire. We had the tranny lock up on the 940 alot during wheat this year. Dealer put a breather on it, didn't work so they made a bigger one and hasn't locked up yet. Take care, Nathan

land_Surfer

Turning brakes on a combine are like back seats in a Ferarri (just to look at and not use). There simply is no need for them when harvesting. The only time anyone on my farm is allowed to use them is when navigating the farm lot with a header on or loading_unloading the header. Otherwise, I can not think of another reason why they should be used int he field. It's much safer on ny combine to do a 3 point turn around on the headlands to go back into a field vs. using your turning brakes to make it in one move.

NCOKMatt

I think that is why they froze up. little or no use for an extended period of time, then used them to lift the header of the trailer. Probably worse than using them every day.

Case_Farmer

ive used turning breaks on just about every turn since we had a 1480 internation combine i guess youve never used a 6-8 row corn head