Ax throwing

BIGRED

Farm Hand
Now here is a sport that I can get into! With all my years of splitting wood, I'd do great. Anyone watching this? I didn't even know it was a professional thing. I caught it yesterday on one of the sport stations.

I like to watch the Lumberjack World Championship and such. I don't see how they do it. The only portion I think I could do okay in is logrolling. That's the one where two people are standing on a floating log and they try to knock each other off by rolling it with their feet.

BarkerB

Farm Hand
I've seen both of these events. I went to a live lumberjack festival before too. I'm new to ax throwing. It was fun to watch them. Each contender had their own ritual between throws. One guy had 2 perfect games!

Shelbii

Farm Hand
I've seen it too. It's crazy how good these guys are. I've never seen any women contenders. There is a league and it's becoming pretty popular. I don't know which league though.

Thyme Flies By

Farm Hand
I've never seen any women contenders.
As a supporter of equality, I think we gals should get involved. I can't throw worth a hoot, but it sure sounds like a fun sport. It sounds much more interesting than rhythmic gymnastics. I'm watching a YouTube video of ax throwing and I'm fascinated.

BIGRED

Farm Hand
I have not seen women in these competitions either. I wonder if there is a women's league. I'm all for women participating too. My wife wants to try it too. There is a place close by that has a setup to try.