Combines bad day

beet

I made a mistake the motor is actuially a 7.6 litre, and would a 7720 titan 2 motor be the sameIJ also if u know any web sites with information about this motor I could really use them. Thanks again.

deerelover

they aren't the same motors but i think you can use them . i know that they 7720 motor is not the same as the one in a 4240 different head .. had a guy try and cross them wouldn't work but i think if you use everything you'll be ok ..lots of combine junk yards around in the states should be easy too find one !

Joe

You say you have an 8650 with a 7.6IJ all 8650's I have worked on have the 619 or if the the block has been replaced it would be a 10.1 lt. Maybe you have an 8450IJ That has the 466 or newer 7.6 lt

Joe

Sorry, A bit dyslexic today. I now see you have an 8560, and it does have the 7.6.

bub

Did you find a motor for the 8560 if not I have one for a 8570 if that will work let me know had a cab fire and there are no cabs to be had unless someone knows of a cab I need on for a 8870 thanks good luck

Deerebines

I take it from the sound of your type you didn't get to collect any insurance from itIJ Well, those things happen and it don't soothe the wound any but was wondering......Don't spose you could post a pic or twoIJ like to see it.

Calander_Farms

Well it remains to be seen if it turned out good or not. We have insurance on it...we will just have to see how shrewd they are and what they will want to do. The stupid adjuster (who has no farm knowledge whatsoever) thought it could be fixed. Give me a break...that combine is more than totaled. We are in good with some dealers and salvage yards around here and they should be able to convince him to total it out. The other hitch is how fast they get it done. We had a combine burn in the middle of harvest 7 years ago. They drug their heels and we didnt see a check until harvest was well over. We ended up having to buy a cheap combine with what little money we had on hand. As for photos...sorry no digital camera or scanner. Hopefully I can get my hands on one sometime and get you some. It doesnt look as bad on the surface as it actually is. Anything that wasnt metal under the hood is gone, radiator, turbo, injection pump etc all shot. And the fire got up under the control panel and burned all that out.

Calander_Farms

Well we just got the estimate from one of the dealers. Total parts and labor comes to $10,500. The adjuster is coming tommorrow morning. I will let you know what he has to say. The combine with heads is insured for $15,000, now we will just have to see what they think the value of the combine is and how much they will give us.

rf

If you can get 10,500 and then salvage it that is much more than you would get for it if you traded or sold it. Keep us posted. Good luck

auditor

That is a bad day. lucky you were finishing up.let me know what the insurance company settles for. I have been working with an insurance adjuster on a 78 750. The owner of the combine has let the combine sit outside for 2 years and now tries to say the combine isn't his.(We have proof otherwise) The insurance company just wants to settle. I have appraised this combine at a little over $2,000, its not in the best shape from the exposure to the weather. When the insurance company settles on a figure let me know the value they place on the combine please. Thanks and very sorry for the loss. Even if it was your old combine, its always hard to see any piece of equipment go that way.