Battery Powered Weed Whacker

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I'd like to get a battery powered week whacker. Does anyone have any they would recommend or any that I should stay away from?

Thanks!!!!

DrLFC

I have a Kobalt 40V from Lowe’s. Had it for 3 years now. Seems to work well, however with 5 outbuildings I need 3 batteries to do the job in an afternoon. Store the batteries in a heated area for the winter!

jjp8182

Farm Hand
Have a Makita split shaft one since I have many other Makita tools. It works well, I usually strap it onto my tractor when mowing so I can trim around signposts and mailboxes when I'm already their mowing. Haven't gotten any of the additional tool heads (power sweeper, pole saw, etc) yet.

Probably not the cheapest, but like most cordless power tools once you buy one tool within battery system it makes sense to keep buying more within that system since it's usually the batteries that are the expensive item. ..... which is where I appreciate the specials that Makita runs from time to time where they will add in additional "free" batteries to a kit as a promo item.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Thanks for the responses. I did a lot of research and bought an 80 volt Kobalt from Lowes last weekend. I'll assemble it and try it this weekend.