Combines Best Mud Setup

Alger

When we ordered our 2188 a few years ago we got loggertires front and back on a two-wheel drive combine. Not only have we never gotten stuck but we get absolutly no compaction in bean stubble. It is very noticable in a field where our combine was next to our nieghbor's 9600 with standard tires. The deere cut into the ground while our red one barely leaves a trail. We put the tires on our new 2388 this year. They have 1200 hours of use mainly in corn and they are just now starting to wear. The big tires in the rear also weigh the back end down so it doesn't come off the ground while running an 8-row on hills. Keeping plow weights on the rear bracket also helps performance in mud. We operate in wet red clay soils and these tires breeze through the mud. I believe our other combine with normal tires has gotten stuck 4 times in three years while the one with these tires never has and we use it more than the other one. The tires look immaculate too. The make the combine look like it was in the military. I would definatly recommend these tires. The front are firestones and the rears are goodyears. I can e-mail demensions. This tire kit cost less than 4wd and does better in mud. If you have any problems with very touchy steering these tires will cure the problem. Tip: NEVER USE lONGBAR_SHORTBAR TIRES ON ANY EQUIPMENT. THEY DON'T SElF ClEAN GOOD.

ROTOR

Been here done this. 4 WD and rice tires are by far the best. Much better than duals, and easy to move on the road. logger tires shove mud to bad. Tracks just don't go as well. I've had them all, rice tires with 4 WD is by far the best.

T_Rex

Alger, Please E-Mail me the Demensions for your Mud Kit, cause what I got sure isn't cutting it in the mud and I would like to give your suggestions a try before I lay out allot on the 4 Wheel drive Kit. Thanks in Advance, T-Rex