Best weed whacker

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
Of course my weed whacker quit this past weekend. I think this one was my dads, I've had it that long. So I'm going to need to get one. Recommendations? It's got to be gas powered, no electric or battery ones.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I hate 2 stroke engines, mixing oil and gas, and they're often hard to start. Last year I bought a Kobalt 80 volt weed whacker from Lowes. It worked well, holds the charge for as long as I need it, and it's powerful enough to take down big weeds. We'll see how well it holds up. The problem with battery powered tools is when the batteries finally die it costs almost as much to replace the battery as it did to buy the whole tool. Reviews say Kobalt batteries last a long time. We'll see, but so far I really like it.

Last edited:
Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I think weed whackers are pretty equal across the board. Look for one that isn't too heavy for you and you'll be fine. They'll probably go on sale around Father's Day.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
I bought a battery powered one last year. It's a Black and Decker. The battery holds up pretty good, I bought an extra battery. I bought it at Lowe's.

FaithBean

FaithBean

Farm Hand
Our family has one by Ryobi that works well. I think we got it at Home Depot? It is gas powered and we like it just fine. :)