Combines Biggest Gleaner dealer

MinnR62

That sounds like a huge dealer. Do they have a web site IJ If so could you pass in on to us IJ I know that Garber Birkey sells a lot of combines. I heard one time that they are the largest in Iowa. They have a web site www.garberbirkey.com

Mike

Was Heberer Equip in SW Il. Had 5 locations and won numerous awards in the mid-late 90's for selling the most new combines. Went broke 2 years ago and AGCO has done little to help the local customers. My guess is Heberers sold 40+ combines a year. The dealer we go to now sold more new combines in the past year than he had in the previous 15 years. There was a big dealer near Galesburg, but he's gone too. I love my new R72, but I'm tired of driving to 3 states to get parts. When the warranty is up after next fall I hope to be in a new red machine as soon as its released. Nothing against the Gleaner, but the dealer network and corporate support sucks.

John

Don't blame the Dealers for the Corp. mistakes. The Dealers had a tough time during the Deutz years because Deutz wouldn't listen to the customer or dealer. Now that they trimmed the tractor line, the dealers are dropping fast again because again AGCO isn't willing to listen to the dealer or customers. If the other ag producer were as deaf as Deutz and Agco they would be having problems losing dealers and customers. I have a Great Dealer but I don't know who complains more about Agco, him or me. He just got the White customers dumped on him and doesn't have the dollars to expand to service both White and Allis customers and of course AGCO is DEAF to the problem that they created. Makes one really want to work for them when they don't care about you! Gleaner sells better in my area than Massey but Agco seems only worried about Massey and Fendt and HElPS those Dealers. Agco is bending over backwards to help the Fendt dealer in the area.

Illinois_Gleaner

Mike, Have they put any dealers in any of the old Heberer storesIJIJ What is Agco thinking when the largest Gleaner dealer in North America goes out and they do nothing about it IJIJ Are they saying go buy a different colorIJIJ I'm lucky to have Burton Einhorn and Dittimore with in 25 miles of me, but I'm with you I've just about had it with Agco. By the way they did get a dealer back in the Dexter place. AC McCarney now has it with there other store in Durand. later

Tim_nj

I think it's globalization-based management doing all this. MF was stronger in Europe, South America, and Africa than any of the other AGCO component companies as far as combines and tractors were concerned. Fendt has a hotrod tractor design that can't support itself with the limited sales in Europe so AGCO wants to move it wherever it can. We'll probably still see those little basic utility tractors from Italy sold as Allis and White, and maybe we'll see Hesston hay equipment and White planters, but all the other stuff means nill for AGCO in the world scene, except for maybe the Tye Para-Til (that's why they bought Tye. Not for those sorry excuses for drills).

Tom_Russell

www.garberbirkey.com does not work for me. Do I have it written correctlyIJ Thanks Tom in MN

Ilnewholland

The salesman at Heberer's always told me that they was competing with a dealer in KS for the number 1 spot. I think the name was Flintes(sp)IJ They may have that title now.

Planter

I've just about had it with Agco also. We have an l3 and would like to move into a R52 or R62 but don't think that is a good idea. Might get a green one instead. I hate to change to change colors but with no dealer support I just might. My Gleaner dealer does not have any combines on his lot and is selling more used pickups than combines or other machinery. By the way what is my l3 worthIJ

brassring

No agco has not put anyone into heberer's old dealership's and the jist I got at the combine meeting last month at Kehrer's in Alber's is they don't intend to and won't unless someone comes up with a lot of money and willing to build new buildings to go along with it the proiblem is we have been set out to dry for so long most don't care if they come back or not there are other color dealers close who are more than happy to have our business so what do you think is going to happenIJIJ say what you want but these other colors aren't that bad otherwise why do they have the bulk of the salesIJIJ think about it agco deserted us and we won't forget it!!!!

Illinois_Gleaner

Brassring, You have a pretty good dealer with that Kehrer,don't youIJ Ive been there before and bought a disc off of him. He seemed to be a nice guy the only thing was it looked to be a pretty small dealership. Do you live close to him or was you a Heberer customer that has to go that way to get parts now that they are goneIJIJ