Bison

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm more into raising plants than animals, so I'm no help here. Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
I've thought about switching from cattle to bison since bison herds are less hands-on. They're beautiful creatures and I'm in Texas so it wouldn't be unusual or difficult to make the jump. It's a fast growing industry and it seems like a good time to enter the market before it gets too crowded. I just don't know enough about raising them, so I've stuck with what I know. How's it going so far for you?

rockinbbar

rockinbbar

Farm Hand
I've thought about switching from cattle to bison since bison herds are less hands-on. They're beautiful creatures and I'm in Texas so it wouldn't be unusual or difficult to make the jump. It's a fast growing industry and it seems like a good time to enter the market before it gets too crowded. I just don't know enough about raising them, so I've stuck with what I know. How's it going so far for you?

Have some good fencing. Really, really good fences.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
Hello and welcome to the forum! We don't raise bison, but I will be interested to learn if anyone else does. I'd like to learn more about bison.

sunger

sunger

Farm Hand
Buffalo are incredible animals, and I couldn't be any happier with them. They are easier than cattle, and far more profitable. I too am in Texas, so if you're ever near Jacksonville, plan to stop by. I would be happy to show you the operation and animals.

sunger

sunger

Farm Hand
Did you receive the chute mfg info I sent? The 2 main things you need for buffalo are 1. a 6' exterior fence, and 2. a handling system designed/modified for them. Their strength is unbelievable. Happy to help in any way possible.

Last edited: