Combines case ih 1063 head

skinnb

dk-magnum, Can't help you with serialns or year however we had problems with the pumpbearing's shaft snapping off. The factory fit between the spirals and the square shaft is too loose and becomes sloppy. While it's nice not having to grease the end fittings. The waterpump bearing rollers have more upkeep then the older style. Hope this helps.

Camaro92Z

No, most were greasable type bearings. Water pump bearings came in about 6-7 years ago I think.

Unit_2

dk-magnum, It is almost as easy to look at the front bearing mount as it is to look at the serial number. If they don't have the water pump type bearing they will have the needle bearings. I'm guessing that most of the needle bearings have been changed over to the water pump style bearings already anyway. I'll have to disagree with the post below on the upkeep of the water pump style bearing. When I changed my corn head over to the water pump style bearings I ran it six years averaging 1000 acres a year before I had to change one of those bearings. The key is to get it linned up perfectly when it is instaled.

Jake

I had our 1083 totally apart this spring and put all new old style bearings back in it as I prefer having something to grease. If it doesn't get greased 2-3 times a day it isn't going to get looked at 2-3 times a day. I caught a bad seal this way before I lost the whole gearbox. I'll take greasable any day. Jake

Unit_2

Jake, That's what I like about being a farmer. We can raise the kind of corn we want to and we can grease our corn heads or we can put bearings in that don't need greasing. K.A. :)

JWK

My first 1063 I purchased was in 1992 with the water pump bearings. This August I say this number cornhead in western Minnesota and it was a 1063 with the grease tubes on it. So I would say that they came out greaseless in 1992.

Mike_l

I have had my 1000 series corn head since '93 and used it on 1000 acres every year. The only thing we ever did was replace sprockets, gathering chains and once we replaced the knives. We have never touched the front water pump bearings. This past season we had zero expense in the field after we got it ready for harvest. It is a very dependable corn head.