Christmas bonus

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Are you paying out bonuses this year? Are they common in your sector of the agriculture industry and the area you live in? I planned to pay the usual bonus, but now I'm considering topping them up because of the coronavirus which made their work significantly more difficult. What are you doing this year?

jack

jack

Farm Hand
Whereas this hasn't been an easy year for many farmers, I think that we've all put our best feet forward and gotten to work. I am weighing my options because incentives are a perfect way to keep people motivated.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I've cut mine down to $50. I had to choose between offering a nice Christmas bonus or a coronavirus package. The employees chose the coronavirus package which includes hazard pay, a health insurance stipend per quarter, and 60 paid sick days to be used for testing, isolating, and illness due to the coronavirus. I also pay them when I close the shop. Unfortunately, the business can't eat all those expenses plus a fat Christmas bonus.

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
I base it on profitability and hours worked, but that bonus is given at the end of the fiscal year. I give everyone a tree and a ham at Christmas, but no real Christmas bonus. I pay an extra .40 per hour worked in November and December because that's our busiest time, and it rewards the employees who take on stressful customers.

@Almost Eden, that sounds fine to me. You're doing the best you can for your employees.

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Wow, sounds like you guys are all doing great things! 60 days sick pay is amazing! We are only doing 20 but if someone needs more I am sure we would work with them.
We did $50 and a ham this year. We're small so that is our normal.