Cleaning routine

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Some families designate a day of the week to clean the whole house, some families set aside day of the week to clean each room, and some families are more laid back about it all. Do you have any specific cleaning routines you use to keep the house tidy? I break up our cleaning routine by task. So each day of the week we'll do one or two specific tasks throughout the whole house. There's a day for dusting, a day for cleaning mirrors and sinks, a day for doing the floors, etc. It might sound like a weird way to do things, but I've found that it keeps us on task and takes much less time. What does your cleaning routine look like? I love hearing how other families keep their home because you never know which tidbit might be super useful down the road.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Mrs. keeps house very very tidy when it comes to cleaning not sure of her plan and I don't ask make sure I am out of her way.

Minty

Minty

Farm Hand
I’m not usually the one to clean but when I see dirt, I will take my actions. Cleaning is pretty tiring, got to be honest. Just hate the fact that the house doesn’t clean itself.

Trubadour

Trubadour

Farm Hand
I usually do one part of the house at a time. It's too large for me to do it all in one day. It stays pretty clean though, I'm not worried.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
What? Are you all men leaving the housework to your wives? I've never known a house on a farm that didn't accumulate crud from going in and out and taking care of the animals and having children around. How are you keeping your homes so pristine? We pull our shoes off at the door and change out of our work clothes, but grime still accumulates. Surely your shower gets filthy, especially when bathing in the summer after doing chores. Our whole family does the cleaning equally, but it still gets messy. I guess part of me is jealous that your homes just naturally stay clean because you're the tidy sort and part of me thinks it's not possible and you only think it stays clean because the women are doing all the work and you just don't notice. Please share your tips and tricks if it's the former. Cleaning is no fun.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
I divide our cleaning routine by room, but dividing it by task sounds like a good way to do it, too. I find that if we take on one room a day, we stay on task and it doesn't all pile up on us. It seems easier somehow even though we are doing the same amount of work.

Giselle

Farm Hand
We take turns usually unless when someone is super busy then most likely I’m the one to take up the task as I really hate seeing everywhere being so dirty. And indeed, when I see dirt, I want to clean it right away.