Combines Combine comparison

marshall

l series. I like the l3. Gleaner should not have dropped it from their line. Easy to work on and easy to operate.

T__langan

I agree about them dropping the l and M's - I wish they would have just kept updating them. Imagine an l3 with accelerator rolls added - I know the C62 has them but I sure liked the feeding and down front cylinder of those good ol' conventionals vs the feeder chains we have now. If they had added the accel rolls and made them so all heads would fit all models, they'd still be selling well, in my opinion. I once heard that they considered adding accel rolls to the l's but more height was needed above the shoe and they couldn't make it work without a major design overhaul. The C62 was actually designed back in the early - mid 80's as a replacement for the l and M's - someone decided to shelve the design in favor of building all rotaries until AGCO decided to do something with it. As for the model Gleaner that will do the most for her money, I'll vote for an upgraded R52 - she's a little beast that I believe will hold her own quite well vs a stock 62 on Flat ground, in hills the wider shoe of the 62 will give it an advantage. Just my opinion-

kdoss

I've always really liked the F2's because they are not to big or to small. But, I also live where there is hills and stump holes to, where you could really mess up a header if you had one with any size at all. Plus they do a great job combining small grains!!