Common farming myths

jack

jack

Farm Hand
Have you come across articles claiming chemicals are the biggest threat to food safety? However, meat or produce can get contaminated by harmful bacteria like listeria or salmonella, parasites, or viruses. Biological contaminants are a more common food safety issue. What else do you find debatable?

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Have you come across articles claiming chemicals are the biggest threat to food safety?
Not recently. Is this a thing? I wonder if COVID-19 set some people into a cleaning frenzy. Maybe they're bleaching their food or something wacky like that. One fella in my town tried to sanitize his money in the oven. He burned it up and set the kitchen on fire.

Chris T

Chris T

Farm Hand
Countless sites share information online, and a lot of it may not be factual. I prefer to read articles based on research. Also, things change so fast in the agricultural space. What was relevant ten years ago may not apply now. It is best to focus on the most recent verifiable information.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
Countless websites have mushroomed in the recent past. A lot of what we read online may not be verified. When in doubt, I always countercheck with our local agricultural extension officer.