Cows mad

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
We have been getting dumped on with snow over the last few days. I've got a couple of finicky cows. They are showing their distaste of the snow on the ground. They are kept in the barn but do go outside often throughout the day. Anyone else have finicky cows?

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Oh now that is funny! What exactly are those finicky cows doing? Are they grunting, kicking their feet in the snow, what?
My cows are not finicky at all. They really don't have much of a personality.

TammiT

TammiT

Farm Hand
I'm curious about these finicky cows too! We have some temperamental animals but our cows are not usually finicky.
How much snow are you getting? I'm ready for spring!

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
I don't blame them for being fussy. Snow isn't fun for me either. My cows don't seem to mind the snow. They're actually fond of eating the snow, even though they have heated water troughs. I used to get worried that they would lower their body temperature that way, but the guy at the extension office assured me that it's fine.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
My cattle pretty much ignore all changes in weather. They hold up to the cold remarkably well. It rarely ever snows in my part of Texas though.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I don't have cows, but goats HATE the snow!!! When I was milking 100 goats, making them walk out of their barn in the snow to the milk house was a chore. They did it, but they let me know that they weren't happy.