Combines cutting soybeans in December

sidekick

never done it but my cousin did a few years ago.I'm guessing shatter is worse but maybe notIJ

marshall

Just hope they don't mold. I have lost almost all my soybeans to mold and sprouting. In my area of NE Texas we normally are done harvesting beans in early September. Most are still in the field. We have had nearly 100" of rain this year.

tbran

the beans do deteriorate, but that is not the issue, harvesting is like as unto runnning your header on a rough gravel road. Spring spressure needs to be adjusted so as to be as light as possible. Dirt clods and dirt, if present are now like sandstone. Really fun.

SD_455

The bean pod will get tough when the sun comes out warming the pod. The last time I ran on frozen ground we had to run at night because when the sun came out the pods either had frost on them or were tough due to the frost melting. Get a good supply of guards because every clod of dirt will be froze in place and will be the same as hitting a froze down stone.

Rolf

I just cant imagine running in those cold temps you guys are contemplating! The thought of getting out in 40 degree C temps is bad enough! but Below zero!!! Narr! Not for this softy! :) We removed our heater dozen years ago to help with Air con! 100" :shock: we haven't totaled that in the last combined ten years! This current wet season would have to set you guys up for a very good season next year wouldn't itIJ Rolf