Combines dropping gathering chain floor

posum

Front of rear floor stays about the same but hump is gone. Back of the feeder house floor drops about 1 inch or a little less. Does not seem like much but it really helps a lot. If the gap under the front chain is 3 in. and you add 1 in. thats close to 30% more vertical clearance--measured under the sprockets-- brooks

mailman13

The most recent version of Dan's floor does not drop the rear feed floor at all, but the hump is removed. You now shorten the rear of the front feeder floor by 3 inches and drop it about 1_2 inch. The important thing to remember is that you are changing the transition angle between the chains and by shortening the front floor you accomplish a better feeding angle than just dropping the rear floor. My advice is just do it. It is not very expensive at all and really isn't that hard to do. We did it to our R62 this year and wouldn't have a Gleaner R series without the floor mod.

recreati

I did the floor mod to my 93 R52 and harvested 200 acres of beans this fall that were very green and did not have to use the reverser once. I found a hole in the rear of the front floor and put the OME repair kit in but only shortened it 2 inches instead of 3.

Mike

We did it on an R72 and it is the number one modification that should be made for soybean farmers. We used to plug the rear chain 10 maybe 20 times a day in tough beans. Now we probably don't plug it more than 5 times a season.

Rolf

Yep! Feeder Floor mod works! Im wheat, made a Huge diffrence to how it all works! Two rivers of crop disapear into the black hole of the feeder house now! It just works. :) Rolf

bob

Hi Rolf We are in the process of cutting and modifying the floor on our R50 for the coming harvest here in NZ. Are we correct in that the front floor is shortened by 1" (yours maybe 3" due to being a newer machine) and tilted down by 1_2" and the rear feeder floor just has the hump removed with a new piece of 1_4" sheet metal installedIJ Hope your wheat harvest is going well, I have enjoyed looking at your Gleaner on-line photo collection. cheers Hamish

Rolf

G'Day Hamish Havent been on this site for awhile! I remember that our feeder floor was second generation version! So Yes, rear of first feeder housing floor would have been shorten by 3" and we still removed hump and lowered the front of rear feeder floor by 1_2" We harvest a lot of lentils, so were doing 50% flex work in the feild! This mod changers the floors when work on the ground to give a very flat transition from front feeder to rear feeder. It obversely make a HUGE difference to wheat and Barley crops as well, as ROM was crowing nearly everyday about how dam good it feed in the wheat! ;) (U got to remember that Older R series operates have ran with feeder issues for a very long time!!) So any little improvment makes them a bit happier! This Mod makes them very happy :). Rolf