Combines Dual wheels on N s

galwarrior

Pengs, There is a group advertising clip on dual kits in the land. I have a set for my R72. They are on a mate's 2388 presently. He bogged his 2388 18 times picking up windrowed canola, but it allowed him to get over 90% of the country. His opinion is that duals on the steer as well would be beneficial. Where are youIJ I purchased my duals from a group in Griffith, about ten years ago.

D_Mayes

I have a set of snap on duals that use a cone spacer to fit 20.8-38 up to 30.5-32. Tires are basically brand new but an off brand. They came off a R62. All the mounting hardware is there. I might be interested in selling but not sure if ladder extension will fit the N. Not sure what they are worth but will do some checking if your interested.

NDDan

I've seen all of what you suggested except dualing the back. I would be nervous about spindles on the back with it dualed. I would be looking at the tallest or fatest tire that was available from factory for the rear. Otherwise you will have to do a bunch of figureing what you have for clearance with something else. Hopely someone can fill you in what they got away with when running your setup. Most guys that have dualed the front of earlier machines used a shorter tire or be sure to reduce pressure accordingly. Some rims that didn't have holes for tie bolts got holes drilled or torched into them. Can't believe you guys have had such a flip flop of conditions.

Pengs5

Thanks Canowindra central west NSW Will have a look in the land. I'm through my worst . Neighbour is struggling. There has been some horrible bogged happenings how true i dont know but have heard of a new JD being twisted out of shape after bull dozer pulling on it. A contracters Case sinking in a filled in dam that farmer did'nt raise anyones attention to. A Class cracking nearly in two after dozer_excavator having a pull at it Old timers say a bogged machine triples in weight. If really badly bogged should you use like a car tyre between two chains for a soft link IJ Hmmm pengs5

D_Mayes

No, so I guess it would be hard for you to get them there. lol

sidekick

Neighbor had a set on a new N6 in the early 80's.He passed away and they sat in the new owners shed till about 5 yrs ago when we had a wet fall.They had a pivot mounted under frt axle tube that the track frame mounted on and a stabilizer "rod" at the rear reaching to frame.A lot of effort to put on_off.Drive sprocket bolted in place of wheel.These days they make self contained units that just bolt on in place of wheel.Kind of hard in finals when turning I suspect.

dairyman

Old time advice is to have cable or chain already attached to drive axle and strung to the rear of the machine in ANTICIPATION of bogging, so that machine can be unstuck with less damage.