Combines Duetz engine rebuild or remanIJ

IowaDan

Seems like very low hours for a 94 machine. I'm a small farmer with 93 R42 and have 3200 engine hours on mine. What's the total cost for the remanIJ I think the 3 year warranty would be worth quite abit. Where is the engine distributor locatedIJ

Trent

I've had the machine 4 years. I put around 100 hrs_yr. Harvest around 500 acres per year. It had around 700 hrs. when I bought it. Engine Distributors in Archdale NC is the distributor. The cost of the reman is around $12,000. I've had several of problems with the fan, oil leaks and leaking injector. It had some vibration but this is the first deutz I've had so I thought it was normal. I don't think that the first owner had looked after the engine. It took me a couple years to clean it up and stop all the leaks. I want to fix it right. Because it's not worth anything now, and after spending all this the only way I can recoup my cost is to ware it out of it.

IowaDan

How many seperator hours on machineIJ I'm guessing around 800 or so. If that's the case, I would probably go with the reman and warranty because the combine should have a lot of life left in her. Don't know how long you plan on farming or how old you are but combine should last a long time with that amount of acres. That is about the same acres that I have. Good luck with your decision. Dan