DYI Hand Sanitizer

Paul

Paul

Farm Hand
I'm making hand sanitizer available to all my workers both in little bottles and in larger ones in the barn. But it is so hard to find right now. So, I decided to look up how to make it myself, and it turns out, it's not very hard to do.

You just mix 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol (90% or more) and one-third cup of aloe vera gel. You can add a couple of drops of essential oil to make it smell better, too.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Paul, thanks for sharing this, it's a big help! They are plumb sold out of hand sanitizer in my area and online they're charging sky-high prices for a tiny bottle of the stuff.

Skyline

Skyline

Farm Hand
It’s a pretty smart idea indeed! I don’t lack sanitizer right now but learning that we can just make our own ones is indeed useful. Thanks for sharing the tips!

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
What ingredients are in Aloe Vera gel? I'm kind of a stickler for close-to-perfection when it comes to home-made remedies. A lot of them work well, especially Aloe, but I always want to make sure.

baloyi

baloyi

Farm Hand
Hey @Paul, I had no idea that it was that easy! In addition to the ingredients, you already mentioned, adding an essential oil like lavender or tea tree oil will make the sanitizer effective. As a precaution, always stick to a 2:1 proportion of alcohol to aloe vera.

Giselle

Farm Hand
I always want to make some hand sanitizers for my family. I just don’t think the price we see is justifiable, when the fact is you can really make some by yourself.

Tenntech

I have a lot of 3 oz bottles if you need. No charge