Combines extended cly bars

Dan

Number one is to extend the bars to discharge like you have done. After seeing a post of extending every other one to end of rotor I thought why not. That would allow more rasping to perhaps get a couple more seeds out of the straw and feed the chopper more even. I would be a little nervous about no discharge bars for to much material may be forced to very end of rotor and material may not get a good pitch into chopper or impeller. I have two R72's that will be running in many different crops with every other bar extended to the end of rotor so we will see if any drawbacks show up this fall. Has anyone seen a '99 machine to see what is different about the standard discharge barsIJ Are they made heavier or crimped differentIJ I see the part number is different for the '99s. I may have to call the plant for curiosity is killing me. I gave loewen Mfg. a sample of full length extended bar for large P3s which is made just like the other extended bars they are making which maintains a lot of strength between the last two cylinder heads. They are ready to make them if anyone one would choose to try them. Good luck in whatever you do. Dan

sidewinder

thanks dan. I've read the posts on suggested updates to processor area and have been impressed with the ideas that have come forth. My brother and I are getting a couple of new 72s in a week or so, if we have some time before we start I would like to try some of the mods. I ordered the factory extended bars but I was not aware changes had been made in the design of the discharge bars themselves.I'll get back to you when I get a look at the new discharge paddles.

Dan

OK I found out why they changed the part number on the standard discharge bar. They lengthened it by 1 3_8" which brought it 1 3_8" closer to the bearing end plate or stop sign plate. The factory extended bar kit with the shorter paddle is allready extended 1 3_8" closer to stop sign plate. The loewen extended bar discharge paddle combo were extended one inch closer to stop sign from day one. I don't believe extending the paddle closer to stop sign is a big preformance thing but it will help keep end of cage clean and can't hurt anything. Have a good day. Dan