Combines F 3 cylinder speed for wheat

John_F

You should use the 8.5 inch for wheat. That was the one I used when I had an F-3 I would start at the fastest speed then slow the speed down when the wheat would start to crack. I live in Michigan so the wheat was always tough when we started the day and by later in the afternoon we would slow the speed down and we also had the wide spaced bars John

tbran

just as important as speed is the concave set up - Bolted to the stone door and rear bolted door are places for multiple channel bars. They must be straight and not dipped about 8" from the edges. If so either grind level or replace. We start with 3 at position 1 (front door ) skip a slot then position 3 and 5. If more threshing is required due to unthreshed heads at 1000 rps, then add up to 5 concaves for complete threshing. Make sure cylinder is level and the gauges on the side are correct. Most will say 1_4 when in fact one has 3_8 to 1_2". Make sure there are no lapped filler bars installed as well. Remember speed cracks, not clearance unless you have no clearance at all - except with new hard faced bars - Do not be alarmed if at first you have some grain scuffing until a little wear and polishing occurs. The Trimpe bars are super for capacity but a little tough on grain at first. As they wear a 'tit' will form as the leading edge under cuts the hard surface due to wear - we always note this and grind off the tits to prevent grain spearing and damage. . Run the chaffer a little more open to get heads that are unthreshed back to tailings - as the bars polish up the sample will clean up.