Combines F3 wide space cylinder bar or notIJ

tbran

No, in my opinion in the closed grate F's all one has to do is add more concave bars if more threshing is required. We had excellent results in lespedesia and clovers with the bars over the std. Maybe Durham wheat or some other crops might be a question. I feel the most important thing is when the bars are welded up the FRONT EDGE must be hard surfaced. A standard hard surfaced bar will have the softer leading edge erode and leave a sharp tit leading edge and this can spear grain and cause some damage.

Gleamer

Wide space bars are a must in our M2 for corn and beans, they are much more agressive. We use narrow space bars for wheat only. We struggle with narrow space bars in beans, they seem to take more power and "grumble" a lot. If purchasing a set, spend the extra and get the tungsten welded surface type, they would probably outlast your machine.....

T__langan

You will be fine in the crops you listed. We had the wide-spaced bars in our F3, we did corn, beans, and oats. In oats, and the few acres of rye we did, we had to set the cylinder a little closer and run it a little faster than book reccomended (and how we had set our previous Gleaners in the same crops) to get a good thresh. Many times, the oats were plenty tough and not totally ripe either - we always tried to get'em off early to keep them from going down in a storm and to beat the weeds. If we ever had condidtions where we couldn't get a total thresh, we'd wait a few days. In good, ripe, dry grain, you shouldn't have any problems. Tom langan

ahbecalm

If you go shopping for wide spaced cylinder rasp bars you my be interested in this. I had a Shoup bar alongside a Gleaner bar on the bench. With approximately the same number of acres the Shoup bar had the chrome worn off the top, the Gleaner bar was only polished. The Shoup rasps were thicker than the Gleaner rasps leaving less room between rasps, thereby negating the advantage of wider spacing. While shopping for bars last week the partsman at lund Equipment in Madison, MN offered SunnyBrook rasp bars for our R50 rotor. He could get standard, chromed, or boron. All priced less than AGCO. Any dealer who also offers a SunnyBrook rotor should have the same parts available.

ahbecalm

I agree closer and faster in small grain. But in Indiana where they run even wider spaced bars they run more clearance and slower rotors. like the Pontiac commercial says "Wider is better."

Eric

I have the wide spaced hard surfaced bars in my F2. The work great in corn and beans, but I have never combined rye. I do combine wheat, and have never had any thrashing problems.

jm

Installed a new set of hardened wide space bars in my f3 from Trimpe in Indiana (812-522-1398). Corn, soybeans and wheat no problem. You will be impressed with the capacity of these bars. Trimpe also sells hard surfaced chopper knives and rotor parts. I went with this brand because they were in a k2 that I had.

Dr__Allis

When you install the wide spaced bars you will find that all the have to do is pull in the field and set the parking brake. They are aggresive enough the field will come to you!!!!!!!!! Go for it!!

dairyfarmer

i have wide spaced hard surface (MEANER GlEANER) [i think]in my f2 and in an old k i have no problems in corn and soybeans runnin only three concave bars so in wheat i add the other two not to hard of a job and sloww the cylinder down otherwise i couldnt a chieve what i wanted in the grain sample

kooch

Dr. Allis....... Please e-mail me. I have a problem and question to ask you. Thanks.