Fall livestock chores

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
Which livestock chores do you get underway once the weather begins cooling off? Are you fattening up your livestock? Preparing the barn for winter? Cleaning out the litter? Moving the coop?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Which livestock chores do you get underway once the weather begins cooling off? Are you fattening up your livestock? Preparing the barn for winter? Cleaning out the litter? Moving the coop?
My first chore is getting out the electric heated water buckets, cleaning them and setting them up.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I'm going to move the chicken coop. They seemed to have more mites this time around, so I'm hoping that moving the coop and stirring the ground and cleaning out the litter while it's cold will kill the mites off.
My first chore is getting out the electric heated water buckets, cleaning them and setting them up.
I need to do that too!

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I need to get new straw for bedding, but my usual supplier already ran out. I guess I'll grab it from the feed store instead.

Gardenry

Farm Hand
I need to reinforce some of my outbuildings. The storms hit them pretty hard this year. I also need to check on my fencing and plug any holes in the barn so the animals can stay warm.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I need to get new straw for bedding, but my usual supplier already ran out. I guess I'll grab it from the feed store instead.
I spent today loading up my barn with a winter supply of hay. I'm not done, I'll be doing that next weekend, as well.