Family or First-Generation Farmers?

Rosebud

Rosebud

Farm Hand
My parents and grandparents were farmers, so it seemed like a natural thing for me to do - to become a farmer myself. Does your family farm or are you a first-generation farmer? I was just wondering how many of us grew up with this lifestyle versus how many of us chose this lifestyle when we became adults.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
My parents were first-generation farmers and my brother and I were already in elementary school when they decided to buy the farm, so we both grew up learning how to care for crops and livestock while they were also learning about it. The whole thing felt like a grand adventure at that age.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
My grandparents farmed, but my parents did not. I always loved going to visit my grandparents on their farm. I would spend a few weeks with them in the summer, and I loved helping out while I was there. I learned a lot from them, but since I wasn't on the farm all the time, I had a lot to learn once I bought my own farm!

Giselle

Farm Hand
It’s hard for me to say. Because my dad was a farmer back in the days but after having us, he kind of stopped it and now it’s feels like I’m picking it up again even though my father has passed away some time ago. I feel like I am one of the first generation ones even though my dad was a farmer.

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Farm Hand
Where is admin?
It is about advertisement on your website.
Regards.

No it's not. It's about conversation. If you want to advertise, buy ad space.

My aunts and uncles have been farming for a few generations now, so that's where I got my interest. It's in the blood.