Combines Feed reverser 84 N6

kw

There is a clutch type thing on the back of the hydraulic motor (the sproket is attached to it) And it may have gone bad. Unless something has changed it is not servicable and must be replaced as a complete unit. AGCO thinks these are made out of gold, so when ours went bad we found a complete used reverser for a lot less. Someplace to start anyway. kirk

Hyper_Harvest_II

The clutch asy. that is keyed to hyd. motor has a wrap-up type spring in it. We have seen this spring break the tang on one end and then it will not drive the reverser. This spring can break prematurely if you turn header back on too quickly after reversing. Spring (71339109)can be purchased from AGCO but last time I checked it was around $350. There is also a needle bearing inside this clutch asy. that is not servicable and probably needs some grease put in it once in awhile. Newer machine have a clutch asy. for feed reverser similar to a limited slip differential. Much more reliable and don't have to worry about turning feeder house back on too quickly. Hyper Harvest II

jbull

I called my dealer today and they told me that the clutch pack is not servicable and that a new one is $2100! Is there a good was to tell if a used one is still working, if I find one in a salvage yardIJ John

NDDan

You can get some of the parts like hyper suggests. They will find parts breakdown toward back of book if memory serves me right. Myself I would check with the reckers and try find the newer orbit_clutch combo complete with bracket to fasten to side of machine. Trouble with the old one way clutch is spring is spendy and hubs likely suffered some damage. I think alot of these failed when they got dirty and sticky and started draging. If you find a good used one I would still disassemble, clean up well, and refresh grease in roller bearing. Good luck

jbull

When did the newer style beginIJ What machine or yearIJ And how do you tell them apartIJ Thanks. John

NDDan

New style came in 1987 with the R60-70s. Might find new style on wrecked N5-6 or 7 if they had reverser kit installed after new reverser clutch orbit motor became available. If they don't know what your talking about tell them the orbit motor will have spline sticking out of it and the sprocket is sliped onto spline. I would have a basically unused one way clutch for less than half price of new. It is normal to need the expensive spring if clutch has been draging to long. Sometimes need a $75 thrust ring and snapring. Don't know price of bearing but a replacement can be found that has two seals (Mcgill MR28RSS). I could sell you new style assembly used for about same price as the basically new one way clutch. Call or leave me number and maybe we can deal. Might want to have yours tore down just to see it don't just need a cleaning. Good luck

jbull

NDDan, Thanks for the advice, mine is pretty dirty inside and the spring does not appear to be broken. Can an exploded view of the clutch be found anywhereIJ Is there any danger to disassembly, as the spring looks to store alot of energyIJ Some thrust rings seem pretty worn. Thanks, John

sidekick

try agcopartsbook.com then veiw as visitor.If'n you can navigate it,it should have parts page for your clutch.Found parts book for my 8070 tractor.

Hyper_Harvest_II

As sidekick mentioned go to agcopartsbooks.com and then type in N5 or N6 in the seach box.Click on effective serial number and then scroll down to Hydraulics_Clutch_Feed Reverser and that should be the picture you are after. Don't ask why it is listed in the hydraulics section. Hyper Harvest II