Combines feeder house chain

wizard

More than likely starts jumping on the left sideIJIJ Check the washer at the end of the spring tensioning nut, more than likely the washer contacts the bolt going through the side of the feeder house. Remove the nut and washer off the left side tensioning bolt, if you see worn spots on the washer, this is why the chain jumps. Install the correct size washer to prevent this from happening.

tj

One other item could cause this. New Holland is rather famous in our area for installing feeder chains backward at the factory. The serrated edges lead in operation. Hope this helps.

Bo

I talked to a newholland rep. he said dosent make difference in chain direction,personal preference. one thing to check is to make sure if the front drum is raised all the way up and not backed down a smidge it will not stay tensioned right .

customcutter

I assume you now have the 2-chain deal with the feeder slats that run the whole width of the feeder houseIJIJIJ If so, then I recommend the newer 3-chain model to the utmost degree. We've run Case since '92 and have replaced about that same number of those dang long feeder slats, so these new, shorter bars are a big help to us.

Big_Al

I have to agree with customcutter on the 16 series we would have to replace one every 400 to 500 seperator hours we got 1700 seperator hours on a 2188 before we had to change . It is well worth it to change up to the three bar chain. Hope this helps

clyde

If you are a scavenger you can go to your dealer and he will give you all the old chains you want.

clyde

Sorry about that. loewen mfg makes a split sprocket that simply bolts together. The feeder house and the top shaft do not have to come off.