Combines front feeder housing

posum

Sounds like the rear feed floor wore through. You may want to think about Dan's floor kit this winter. It will help feeding problems and the loss on to the trans and hydro area. Give him a call ;well worth the time and money. Brooks

Corey

Are you missing filler plate that hinges from back floor to bottom of throat and is held on with couple of strapsIJ

IowaDan

I also noticed that rubber strip on my R42 was worn away on both ends and have been losing grain there. I can't find a part number for it in my parts book.

brassring

Corey I didn't see a plate, there is one on top of the trans. but I think that is there to keep trash out of the trans. fan inlet, is there supposed to a plate there plus the rubber flapIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

The upper feeder house seal and the lower feeder house seal are both the same. Part number for seal is 71367416 and the retainer is part number is 71368295. There is a galvanized shield on two pivot pins that fills the gap below feeder house to the main frame. If you lift it up you will see the trans. There is another galvanized shield on a rod just below feeder house that is held up against rubber seal and retainer by two metal straps on bottom side of feeder house.Both shields are the same part number. As the feeder house pivots up and down the metal straps hold the galvanized shield tight against rubber seal. If floor is worn through, I agree looking in to floor mod. kit from Dan Hurrt. Hyper Harvest II

Corey

The 50's and and 52's show different part n's for shields. I know on my 50 the shields are different.

NDDan

The galvanized shield that acts as leaf screen between floor and axle carrier is thin and light. The one that is to seal against rubber seal and held up with the two straps is heavy. Hyper was thinking one thing and typing another (we forgive him this time). Brassring's heavy pivoting floor filler has fell off of straps (this can happen if stuck in mud with header higher than cylinders will lift or feeder jumped to high after hitting large bump or something) or back end of floor has wore threw and fair amount of it may be missing. Replacement patch for tail end of front floor can be found in R55 parts manual. That patch is 1_4" thick by 12" long and has revised location to mount the rubber seal (just like R65 and 75s). If you were to do the feeder floor mod you would be cutting front 3" off the floor patch.