Combines G Diesel Engine Troubles

tbran

be careful. Fill her up, leave the radiator cap OFF . If it were my bet it would be electrolysis. Option 2 is to drain oil, raise the eng if have means to do so, remove pan, fill up the rad with H2O and pressure the rad with pump up tester and listen and watch for coolant coming out -may need to rotate engine crank 90 degress in the process. This is not a wet copper sleeve inj cooled engine and not apt to leak into pan from head unless it REAlllY got hot.

tbran

...hmmm, and I bet it is the thoughtFUll (sic) intelligent, insightful folks like jdgreen that contributes the most to the living, huhIJ

catskinner

We made it home!!! I filled her with oil and stuck a good battery on and she fired right up. After it started I filled it with water and a can of Silver Seal and let it set and run about 45 minutes. Everything appeared to be fine so I took off. Made it out the gate and the hose going to the var. speed cylinder broke!! After that it was a very SlOW trip!! Everything seems fine so I guess I'll keep my fingers croosed for now. I'll keep running it all I can around the shed and see if the problem persists. We have a l2 and (I hate to say it but...) a 7720 so if the G won't make it through harvest it will not slow us down too much. After all, thats why we have the l2, when nothing else runs it will!!! Thanks for your help tbran!