Combines Gleaner E Augers jamming

tbran

Yeah, sounds like fescue problem. When you unload your augers are a little worn so the auger doesn't clean out good and as you race around your field it all sifts down and packs in the bottom. When you start , bam, instant jam cause your upper auger won't reach into the plug and jerk it up. Know a good reflighting companyIJ Also look at the slack in your upper auger at the pilot point. should be less than 1_16". Too much wear here might cause too great a distance between auger flights. Rare but have see it. Also am assuming flights not bent or worn - duh - next to final solution is cover over lH side of bin bottom auger shield. Final solution is to weld a BIG nut on pulley on auger drive end and steal one of your neighbors competitive brands CYlINDER ROCKING WRENCHES and ........ :)-) ......hope this helps ,.... tbran

Kenc

My neighbor had a similar problem with oats, and then with beans. His was on a brand new 9500JD.

tbran

Uh, say do whatIJ You is a gonna a have to explain in good old hillwillaim (Thats high class Hilbilly) language this for me. Was the chopper blade in the bin bottomIJ Was... is...uh....man I ain't gonna sleep again till you let me in on this one. I'ts not one of those "You know how to keep a tbran in a state of confusion" jokes is itIJ

lbran

First and foremost, check the bearing on both ends of auger. R.H. is a sealed brg. left hand is a bronze bushing. Make sure everything turns good and is not binding when empty(do this by hand) and make sure you have no up and down play,(bearing play). Is flighting on auger worn severely, especially at discharge areaIJ You may have to add flighting in transition area, sounds like where your problem is at anyway. How does the drive knuckle lookIJ This should be simple to find problem.

Kenc

I wasn't trying to confuse anyone. The problem was caused by a slight vibration that the slightly off balance chopper was causing. It would completely pack the bottom grain in the bin, then the auger wouldn't start.