Combines HCC paddle fingers

John_W

I have not heard any thing about paddle fingers, but I have heard good things about the HCC Obit reel.

bubs

I have only cut 85 acres of beans with the new 30ft full fingered 1020 and an orbit reel. Took a little bit to get used to the "flipping" fingers but it is a nice piece of equipment. The beans were easy cutting and there was not wrapping or carry over with the reel and the full fingers made the feeding much smoother especially when I was cutting my "test stips" of weeds and foxtail. It made the price of the outfit a bit better when it worked so well. Beans were Becks 287 planted 4_20 170 pop. 13 inch rows,40ft hiniker airseeder, auto steer, 50 bu yield on 9_1, central IN

digger

If you are referring to the Paddle Tynes, I think that's what they were called when I purchased them, I have used them for several years on a 1020 header. Since I'm from Western Canada and not in a traditional soybean area, I have not used them in that crop, however, I do have 85 acres seeded this year, but have not harvested them yet. They work very good in wheat, not so well in yellow mustard and field peas, since the crop gets tangled in them and starts bunching at the tyne. You don't replace all the tynes with the paddles, only, I believe around 50 (on a 30') which are spaced out evenly on the reels. I think they would work well in soybeans since there aren't a lot of branches on the plants. You could purchase few and try them..... if they work alright you could purchase the rest.