Combines High speed chaff spreader

Jamer

If you need a little more spreading width, have you tried the tall batts the dealer has availIJ They seem to work pretty good... almost too good in corn.

parksy

Jamer We have high flights installed ever other paddel .Would it be better if it was every one instead of every otherIJ We also have cut rubber curtain back 1'. We have 30' head so if I could get say 7" pulley instead of this 8" pulley(standard is 10") maybe it would do the jobIJ As far as the lube finder waring the spockets out have not experinced that yet the brush keeps it clean Dealer adds a wooden block (chain tightener) onto the clean grain elevator I think this stops the slack in the return elevator chain witch inturns stops the ware on chain and spockets and the auger bareing which case has beefed up, to bad the experts could not think of it! I think they have side adjusting sieves for the over seas combines they make in Moline they have sealed key locking bin also when I asked at the factory about getting these options they said go over seas order the machine and have it shipped back across. It must have to do with pattens or something IJRight IJ But really don't know.Oh well like I said before in a perfect world ! (I'd have more say ha ha)

Jamer

If you already have them on every other one, that is the correct way. If you install on every one, the material will bridge and you'll be worse off. Do you already have them in the advanced positionIJ If not, try it. One other thing before trying a smaller pulley. The rubber curtain that hangs on each side comes vertically slit in two places from the factory, but they are not slit clear through to the bottom of the curtain. During predelivery, your dealer should have slit them the rest of the way through to make three per side. Verify that this has been done. Then what I do is take the rear most lower corner of the curtain on each side and fold it diagonally to the upper most opposite corner of that rear curtain, turn around the bolt that is right there, drill a hole through the curtain and bolt the curtain up with a washer and nut to expose the chaff to a more side ways direction from the rear of the combine. You may have to use a longer bolt in this location. Then for corn, let the curtain hang back down. Sorry this is a complicated description...it would be so much easier just to show you. Hope this helps.

SDman

Parksy, the only thing I can think of that may be a problem is the smaller spreaders on a '66 modelIJ We've got 2388s with 36' MacDons and spreading has generally not been a problem, even in soybeans(yes, some guys have used the MacDons in soybeans). Use the tall bats on every other paddle and alternate the paddles(by this I mean a tall one on the lH spinner should match up with short one on the RH spinner as the paddles meet in the center). Advance the paddles like Jamer said, and tie up or remove the rear side curtain. Too bad you couldn't fit '88 series spinners in a '66 combine, would probably make a difference.

parksy

Sdman, Jamer,Thanks I have never paid attention to line up everyother paddle when they meet in centre will try that this soya season. I do have them in most aggressive and have removed back rubber curtain. Would it be worth a try to remove more rubber cutain than just the back section say 1_2 of the centre sectionIJIJ How does the Macdon work in beans IJdoes it flexIJ does it have 3" knife sectionsIJ Thanks Parksy ontario

Ranger

get a kirby spreader man!! there the bestthey spread 30 ft easy and does a nice job.

SDman

Parksy, I have seen some guys remove the second portion of the straw spreader curtains, too, but I can't say from experience whether it has helped a lot.

Willbur

Ranger tell us more about this kirby spreader I have never heard of it before. Is it a chaff spreader or does it work with the factory spreaders

Farm_Kid

I was interested in a good spreader also, so did a little searching on the web. Check this site out. It gives the phone number for a bunch of spreader manufacturers, including Kirby. http:__www.gov.mb.ca_agriculture_soilwater_conservation_fbd01s06.html

bobrobert

To: SDman. My dealer has no knowledge of "Tall Bats" for every other paddle. Where do you get them for 1666. We have about doubled the speed of the straw spreaders but still need a little wider spread for 25' grain head.