Combines Honest answer

greengoose

We have two 9650 sts and they each have about 13000 acres put through them and the only problem we have had is the clutch pump went on the one combine this year its 3 years old

D

Thankyou for that answer. Reply like that are very helpfull to me. The machine we tried this year gave us a perfect sample in irrigated corn something that the walker was not doing.

NHD

I would recommend a TR-99 to you. My experience has been that over all the NHhas a lot going for it compared to the JD.Without seeing it perform the CR's should be awesome!

Chris

I wouldn't say that the STS machines have more repair problems than the conventionals, but they do appear to have more wear if you break it down on a per-hour basis. These machines have quite a bit more capacity than the conventionals, so they move more volume in a given time. The heavy duty grain handling package make take care of this issue.

dakota

We ran 9610s in 2000 and STS's in 2001. We have worked on both of them a lot. On the 9610s more before harvest to be prepared, on the STS all summer long, because we had to. If I would be a farmer and had to have a green combine, I choose the 9610. It simply lasts longer. If you'd like my four page report on the STS, email me. Even if you don't like to hear it, I ran CASE for a year, too and overhauled them in 99. I still prefer them over the STS.