Combines Honeybee draper headers and soybeans

JD

Hey Don, I've read where Southern In has quite a few running around, drapers that is. Being that we're flat as a table here, I think it might workIJ Still curious as the cost versus a flex platformIJ JD

PETE

I talked to my salesman about draperheads briefly this summer and he mentioned that they are more money than a flex. Sorry, but we never talked how much moreIJ Pete

Bo

I talked to MacDon rep at Farm Science Review and they are working with NH and Caseon 30,36, and 42' 3 section draper heads which have 3 rigid sections sides flex independant of middle, 2 reels, work good on most ground. 2 years away and $1000 a foot approx. belt feeding, heads first even feeding, no bunching, other than price sounds great.

johnboy

We have a 30ft Honeybee on a a 2001 TR99 and it would have to be one of the better buys for us.In sorghum the TR gained almost a mile per hour just by changing from the auger header to the draper,it sounds hard to believe but the draper feeds smoothly and head first against the bunching problems of the NH header.This was done in the same paddock with the same combine.As for bean harvest we have done no soybeans yet bur have harvested thousands of acres of chickpeas with it and again the smooth feeding plus the fact that you can place the reel right over the knife and use it to feed the cut crop straight on to the belts which really helps in short crops.Also as the draper floats with the helper wheels it tends to follow the ground well but on very uneven ground a flex header would beat it.john

Punk

We have cut alot of things with our MacDon and Honey Bee draper headers . Both were 36'ers and found that there were way harder things to cut than soybeans. I really don't really know why you would need or want a flex header. Field peas ,and Eston lentils are way harder ,shorter, lower,and flatter to the ground than soybeans and we cut those all the time with a 36' header. Soybeans are actually one of the simplest pulse crops we have ever cut. A neigbour of ours ordered a new JD flex header it didn't arrive in time for harvest so he used a draper to do his pulses and ended up not taking the flex but buying a new MacDon draper from the dealer instead . We just love this Honey Bee you can cut near anything better than an auger table. There are certain things you can do though that will make it easier on your header in flat crops like peas, and in fluffy things like Canola. Punk |