Combines how many would like to trade up to a 60 series but boot is too muchIJ

Bundy

While I completely agree with your sentiments on the very poor trade offers made by machinery dealers, I'm afraid all I have to say to you guys in the US and Canada is welcome to the real world! For far to long some guys over there have enjoyed the benifits of having these combine_machinery factories in your own back yard, and the ability to literally walk into a larger dealership and "buy off the lot", or "rent" nearly any larger peice of equipment you want. This coupled with some amazing finaceing deals that are offered to some of the "better" clients, is it any wonder that there is a glut of good quality, second hand machinery in the country!IJ! Now while we don't have the ability to "buy of the lot" or "rent" like you guys do there. (some people can have up to 6 or 8 months wait from the time of ordering) I was quoted recently that there are still up to 400 combines a year (all breeds combined) hitting Australia's shore. Now call me stupid here, but that sounds like more than enough to handle the entire East coast winter harvest on there own, let alone what else is already here. It seems all the companies are interested in is selling over-priced, over-sized, under-built machines to an ever more "big is better" driven throw away market. While capacity and technology are great, not all of us can afford a AU$200 000 jump up to our next combine every 5 or 6 years, and the option of buying some thrashed contracting machine which is worn to buggery within 1000hr sep. ain't so hot either.

greenstrat

Hey, bundy! Strange how things are the same everywhere.. I am still running a machine that I bought new in 1986, but had set on a lot for two years unsold. Ever since then I have watched and have noticed that the trade cost was increasing at way more than I could afford in order to update. But in the last four years or so it has increased to the point that it has become prohibitive for apparantly everyone including those who have gobbled up all the neighbor's farms too. 25000 lbs. of iron should not cost 200,000$ and wear out in two years. Cheers! GS