Combines Hugger CaseIH

Silver_Shoes

The hugger is a proven head and works great, I cant comment on the other brands because ours has worked so well I have never wanted to change to a different one.

sawdust

A neighbor had some corn that had really gone down bad. He tried to get it with a 2388 and it wouldn't pick it up or feed it, even with a down corn reel. Another neighbor tried it with a new Deere and couldn't get it. He rented an older R72 with a hugger head and walked right through it. It picked up the corn and fed right in. Sounds like a good solution would be to get a Bish adapter and put a hugger head on your machine.

strawwalker

Hate to say it because I am a loyal Gleaner fan but I would go with a CIH 1083 over a hugger. I ran a 1063 on my l2 then when I went to an R52 I went with a hugger. Was never happy with the job it did on the stalks. I now run a 1083 with a Bish adapter and am very satisified.

weber

I have a 893 JohnDeere head for sale with poly and hydraulic deck plates with a bish adaptor and drive lines for a 2388.. The head is located in Western NE.

todd08

If you want that shaved look of the 800, 900, 1000 series, I can fix your 2206 but it takes alot of money, and do not go looking to Case-Ih for the fix, imagine that!