Combines Hugger Snapping Roll Blades

PETE

pdh, Do not turn the blades end for end. Just move them from one side to the other. I beleive there are two sets of holes on the blades and the holes are offset on the shaft. Try using the other hole on the blade and I'll bet they will line up correctly. Also the hole you want to use on the shaft may be plugged with dirt. It seems to me that the first time I either swapped blades or installed new ones I ran into the same thing until I notice that the hole on the shaft was plugged with dirt. BTW how did you 8030 handle that deep ripper you bought last fallIJ How wet were you this springIJ Did you ever sell you R40 and huger headIJ Give me a call if you still are having trouble. 563*357*7992 Pete Hinrichsen

pdh

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Pete. The 8030 is a good match for the ripper once its in the ground - but its light on the nose with the ripper on the 3 point despite full weights and fluid in the fronts - I'm going to try it on a cart this fall - I'd rather steer with the steering wheel instead of the brakes. :) Sold the R40 and the platform - bought a 62 and an 8 row hugger - still have the 630 hugger for sale - know anybody who needs oneIJ Good to hear from you - thanks again. Paul

PETE

Paul,Paul,Paul... Where is you sense of adventureIJ Steering with the front wheels and not the brakes... Why back in the old days that was the only way we could steer while plowing with a D17 and mounted plow going up hill WHEEEEEEEE! Those were the days. About you hugger, email me with the details. I might be interested. I know I would need an adapter for my N6 (old style throat). Peter.Hinrichsen@Equistarchem.com Pete

lee95

I was wondering about your 630 hugger head, if you still have it and what are you asking for it, condition, and where are you locatedIJ I am in central Illinois, you can email me at koerner@maxwire.net Thanks Brian