Combines hydraulic feederhouse reverser

colwood56

I have a 1660 with the same problem. Thinking on the same line, hope we get an answer.

dumfarmer

Check out Rodono out of Clive, Alberta for really good two way reverser. Our neighbor has one on an old 1460 and it is very powerful.

farmert

a hyd reverser actually works and doesn't mess up your yield monitor I changed my 2388 over and was very happy I did. do they make it for a 1680IJ

anteater6788

We've had 2366s with both the electric and hydraulic reverser's and there is a night and day difference in how well they work. The hydraulic reverser will back things out the electric wouldn't dream of and they have the ability to run for longer periods of time since they won't drain the batteries.

boog

The elctric reverser has approx 1,000n of torqup if it's in good shape, less if not. The hyd has 4,000n. Thus year we went from a 2366 with the electric reverser to a 2388 with the hyd. Believe me there is no comparison between the two. I don't know how many times I had to sit a wait for the satellite receiver to reboot with the 2366. When we got the 2388 we were told to be sure there wasn't any forgien objects causing the plug before reversing the feederhose. Service manager claimed they have had more than one feederhouse bottom ripped out by a forgeion object on the hyd equipped machines. I have no idea on cost of conversion but IMO, unless it was exhorbant it would be well worth the money.

farmboy003

I talked to the service manager at the local shop today and he came up with about $6350 per machine for the three kits I would need to retrofit our old combines. I don't think I could ever get that money back in trade in value on a 14 year old machine. Unless I took it back off and put it on the machine I trade for. I will check into the price from the outfit in Canada but I'm guessing it's not going to be a conciderable difference. Maybe I can find one (orbit motor) in the junk yard off a combine that had a fire.

dumfarmer

I apologize for not knowing the real price of the Rodono reverser, but I know it sure as hell is not $6500 U.S !!! I know they had a big fire in the past year so availability is lower than normal.

PETERBIll

Just intalled a hyd. reverser unit on a 2166 for just over $3500. I installed myself. Maybe your quotes include installation because its time consuming, not hard but just take a little time and the instructions aren't the greatest.

PETERBIll

As a follow up to my own follow-up: The hardest part of the installation is you have to change the feeder drive pulley and clutch assy (included in the kit) Getting the gib keys out and removing the big hex shaft from the old pulley assembly is tuffer than they say in the instructions. Also included in the kit is a new feeder jackshaft (unless your machine already has the style required). There is some re-wiring that must be done in order to operate the unit with the regular reverser switch. But after assembly you'll wonder why you ever put up with the old electric one.