Inspiration to Produce More?

Logan

Logan

Farm Hand
This year's winner of the National Corn Yield Contest is Drew Haines who lives in Maryland. He produced an astounding 422 bushels of corn per acre! We did not enter the contest as we are nowhere near that amount, but it is really inspiring to see someone do. It makes me want to learn more, tweak our process, and try to produce more. What inspires you to produce more?

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
My inspiration comes from my family. I want to provide the best life and opportunities I possibly can for my children. Reading stories about other farmers and their accomplishments definitely inspire me as well.

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
That corn crop is impressive! I'm a little surprised it happened in Maryland. I figured it would be too cold to have a long growing season. That's really amazing.

I have a competitive spirit and enjoy trying to outdo my previous total each year. I try to outdo the locals too. We all check on one another's progress as the season advances. It's all in good fun. I'm not into monoculture though, so internally I usually consider how much I've managed to sell, donate, eat, and preserve for that season's harvest.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
My motivation comes from seeing other farmers achieve so much gradually. It goes to show that dedication and risk-taking (at times) are necessary and are part of the process. A farmer's resolve should be one that doesn't give room for giving up.