Combines IS HUGGER DRIVE SHAFT HARDENED

Hyper_Harvest_II

Slack, Make sure that you add this post to the General Forum page.Sometimes we forget to check all the other pages often.I am sure there is somebody out there with a answer for you.Hyper Harvest II.

tbran

No this is not heat treated. It is the rockwell n of whatever it is made out of. 71383516 is a shaft you might use as it is for 12-22" and about $100 on a stock order

redwing

The shaft is not as far as I can see. I took a 8 row wide hugger and made it to 9 row 30's with no problems

Hyper_Harvest_II

Redwing, That Hugger cornhead really looks good on that Case-IH combine.Now if you put a Gleaner combine behind that Hugger you could really find out what capacity is.(Just kidding!)We always have to take a cheap shot at somebody that is mixing and matching colors. Where did you come up with the extra row unit for this cornheadIJ I have a customer that is thinking about doing the same thing,but does not want to give up his right arm and left leg for what AGCO wants for a new one.Any thoughts would be appreciated.Also,any idea in amount of time involved,things to avoid or short cuts to be takenIJ Thanks,Hyper Harvest II

tbran

WHAT AN AWESOME BEAST!!! now if we can do something to improve that wimpy dinosaur that the beastly hugger is having to drag through the cornfields..........one of our silver secrets is the way the corn head pulls our 'bines. Hey Hurtttts Hyperrrrrs everybody... who let the cat out of the bagIJIJIJIJIJIJ Now every one's gonna want one......

redwing

The extra unit was a new one 3000.00 + tinwork that I made myself along with local shear+brake shop.